Students and Research Projects
Potential Capstone/Co-Op/Masters Projects
Web presence: [LinkedIn] [GitHub]
Symboleo overview paperParvizimosaed, A., Sharifi, S., Amyot, D., Logrippo, L., Roveri, M., Rasti, A., Roudak, A., Mylopoulos, J. (2022) Specification and Analysis of Legal Contracts with Symboleo. Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM), 21, 2395-2427, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/s10270-022-01053-6
Overview of URN and its impactAmyot, D., Akhigbe, O., Baslyman, M., Ghanavati, S., Ghasemi, M., Hassine, J., Lessard, L., Mussbacher, G., Shen, K., Yu, E. (2022) Combining Goal modelling with Business Process modelling – Two Decades of Experience with the User Requirements Notation Standard. Enterprise Modelling and Information Systems Architectures (EMISAJ), Vol. 17. DOI: 10.18417/emisa.17.2
Overview of the REWBAH communityLevy, M., Liu, L., Amyot, D., Yu, E., Alshammari, M., Baslyman, M., Bjarnason, E., Bull, C., Duarte, C.H.C., Groen, E.C., Jantunen, S., Kopczynska, S., Lessard, L., Richardson, I., Weber, J., Wei, Z. (2021) Requirements Engineering for Well-Being, Aging, and Health (REWBAH): An Overview for Practitioners. IEEE Software, 38(3), 7-12, May-June. DOI: 10.1109/MS.2021.3058492
I joined EECS in February 2002, after a few years as Senior Researcher at (Mitel Networks). From 2002 to 2013, I was Associate Rapporteur on Formal languages and telecommunication software at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), where I led the development of the User Requirements Notation (URN) standard. I also lead the development of the jUCMNav tool for URN modeling and analysis. My research interests span many domains, from requirements/software engineering to modelling (goals and business processes), regulatory compliance, healthcare informatics, and smart contracts. I hold a Ph.D. and a M.Sc. from the University of Ottawa (2001 and 1994), as well as a B.Sc. from Laval University (1992), all in Computer Science. I am a member of OIQ (professional engineer) and Senior Member of IEEE.
I am on the Editorial Boards of the following journals:
I am member of the Steering Committee of the IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, and former Chair of the SDL Forum Society.
- Requirements Engineering (REJ), Springer
- Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM), Springer
I am also affiliated with the following research organizations:
- Contract Specification and Monitoring Lab
- LIFE Research Institute
- IBM/Telfer Centre for Business Analytics and Performance
- Institut du savoir Montfort (ISM)
- Telfer Health Transformation Exchange (THTex)
I am involved in the following conferences, so please submit papers and participate!
- 5th International Conference on Process Mining (ICPM 2023) (programme committee), Rome, Italy, 23-27 October 2023.
- 15th System Analysis and Modelling (SAM) Conference (program committee), Västerås, Sweden, 2-3 October 2023.
- ACM/IEEE 26th Int. Conf. on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS 2023) (Program committee, Practice Track), ästerås, Sweden, 1-6 October 2023.
- 31th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE 2023) (Tutorials Co-Chair), Hannover, Germany, 4-8 September 2023.
- Fourth International Workshop on Requirements Engineering for Well-Being, Aging, and Health (REWBAH 2023) (Organization Co-Chair), Hannover, Germany, 5 September 2023.
- 13th International Model-Driven Requirements Engineering (MoDRE) Workshop (program committee), Hannover, Germany, 5 September 2023.
- 16th International i* Workshop (iStar'23) (program committee), Hannover, Germany, 3-4 Septembe 2023.
- 29th International Working Conference on Requirement Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (programme committee and Journal Early Feedback Co-Chair), Barcelona, Spain, 17-20 April 2023.
- Past conferences...
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Ottawa
800 King Edward St.,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 6N5
Phone: +1 613-562-5800 ext. 6947
Office: SITE Hall, Room 5-021